Increasing website traffic to your association’s website can mean more member sales, improved member retention, and increased non-dues revenue for your association. With the right visitors to your website, you'll achieve your goals and have happier members. Though there are dozens of methods that promise to help you to increase website traffic, we recently did an analysis of our client websites and found the following 8 best practices.
In fact, we found that on average, our clients experienced a 67% increase in website traffic from the previous year.
- A single partner for your membership database software and website. A single partner means content updates between your database and website are seamless.
- High quality website content. WebLink provides association website clients with the structure to succeed, but keeping up-to-date with solid content and resources on your website is critical.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) within your membership directory. You need to let search engines know what your website is about by providing the right keywords. Be sure your member directory listings are descriptive and that you are doing all you can to promote your members. Many times, the exposure members receive from your associations's website justifies their dues renewals each year.
- The newest and best technologies. If your association website is 2-3 years old or more, you probably need an upgrade. Best practices of just a few years ago can be improved upon with today’s technologies.
- An association industry website expert. Lots of companies can design a great looking website. Some of those companies also understand good SEO. But associations are unique – you need your site to promote your association, your community/industry, and your members. For the best results, choose a partner who understands your needs.
- Use social media as a method of gaining traffic. Social media is a great way to refer users to your association's website and helps your search engine rankings, too.
- Work on link building the right way. Incoming links into your site take time to develop but they can be one of the best resources for developing a successful, high-traffic site.
- Make your site is worthwhile to your viewers. While things like SEO, social media, and a good site structure are important, your website needs to be valuable to your members and other users. Traffic numbers go up when people find what you have to say interesting enough to share with others. Also, they won’t return if it’s not a good experience.
We've created more than 1,000 websites for organizations like yours. Our integrated membership management system and website solutions create the perfect win-win for associations.
Interested in learning more? Click here for a free demo.